Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All the Bubbas bought 'em up. Dang.

I was at Wal-Mart this morning looking for a new bike for Charlie for his birthday. His birthday isn't until next month, but I had a little extra time, so I decided to start my research.

But shhhh. Don't tell him. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

As I was perusing the bike department of Wal-Mart, I came across little bike license plates, and I always look for my kids' names, hoping to find at least one of them. I never do, but I always look. You never know when you'll find a little Christmas stocking stuffer, even if it is only September. But no Charlie. No Henry. No George. And definitely no Annabel.

But what do we have here? Bubba. Yes, Bubba.

How stereotypical of you, Wal-Mart. It's 2009. Ever hear of political correctness?

However, Wal-Mart is smarter than I, because a.) they are bazillionaires, and b.) they know their demographic, because lookey-loo. They are ALL GONE. Vamoose. Sold out.

Check it out.



I had to laugh. It was too good. Bubba license plates sold out at Wal-Mart. Should I be surprised?

Be on the lookout for all the Bubba bicyclists. They're coming to a town near you.

2 comments:

  1. After reading your blog, I found myself in the sporting goods at Wal-Mart and had to check on "Bubba." Sadly, I must report that we didn't even have a slot where "Bubba" would go. No Bubba's out here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bubba thing is funny to me because even though that is not his name, that's what I called my older brother when I was really little. I guess "brother" was hard for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Can we talk? Don't be shy. I'd love to hear what you have to say.