Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Something to share with you.

If I get a chance at sometime during my busy day as a mom, I like to read the blogs of other people, especially moms, that crack me up. And believe me, there are many. I appreciate witty sarcasm and humor as much as the next gal.

It makes me feel like I'm not the only frazzled mom out there with kids who talk back, battle each other, and poop on the carpet. Of course, my interests go much deeper than sleazy reality television, talking about the potty, and bribing my daughter with Barbie dolls.

But herein lies my paradox: I'm deep. Very sentimental. And I'm a total sucker for sappy, profound writing that warms the cockles of my little heart.

I thought I'd share a wonderful blog with you that I check occasionally. My sister told me about it, and if you need a smile or a reason for a good cry, then check it out.

It's called www.seegodtoday.com, and it's a compilation of stories from various contributors about moments when they have seen God in their day. You'd be surprised where people find Him. It does not come across as preachy or condescending. It is just poignant and touching. Whether you have deep faith or not, I'm sure you can appreciate it.

I thought of telling you about it because I saw God today in a boy at school drop-off. All the kids hop out of the car line in rapid-fire succession, and run into the building, excited to see all their friends. A little girl jumped out of a car and ran to the cafeteria doors with her heavy backpack weighing her down. As she got toward the doors, she tripped and fell to the ground, and a boy immediately reached down and helped her up to her feet. It wasn't something he had to do; rather, it was just his first instinct, and I was touched by it, because many kids ran past her, and he stopped to help. I hope his mom or dad saw it before they drove off. They should be proud.

Sappy entry today, but more of the funny tomorrow. Speaking of Barbie and bribery, I've got a bone to pick with that harlot. But I'll tell you about that later.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can we talk? Don't be shy. I'd love to hear what you have to say.