Friday, November 20, 2009

Charlie Brown hates Mr. Claus.

Yep. You read it here first.

Charlie Brown hates Mr. Claus.

At least according to George.

And I just like saying it because it makes me laugh.

Charlie Brown hates Mr. Claus.

Yep. Still makes me chuckle.

The Christmas music has been playing in our house and car for weeks now, and I love it. This afternoon I was driving George to pre-school, and he and Annabel were happily sitting in their car seats singing along to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". Suddenly "Christmas Time is Here" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio started up.

"Why does Charlie Brown hate Mr. Claus, Mom?" George asked.

"What? What makes you think that?"

"Because. They say it in this song."

"Where? Tell me when they get to that part, okay George?"

"Okay. I'll tell you."

lalalalalalala....music playing....lalalalalalalalala...

"There. That was it. They just said it Mom."

"It was that part, George? They're not saying they hate Mr. Claus."

"Well then what are they saying?" queried George.

"They sing, 'olden times and ancient rhymes, of love and dreams to share'." I answered.

"Huh? 'Cause it sounds like they're saying they hate Mr. Claus."

Yeah. Sounds exactly like that. Word for word.

I'll never listen to that song the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can we talk? Don't be shy. I'd love to hear what you have to say.