Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big news!

I got you here with that headline, didn't I?

I'm always hesitant to use the phrase, "Big News!" anymore, because inevitably one of my friends or family will think that I am pregnant again.

Sorry to disappoint you, peeps, but I'm not pregnant.

No, it's not exactly news of that magnitude, but it's big, albeit in my own little world.

I celebrated my 1-year Blogiversary on April 6.

Hold your excitement, please.

As you can see on my blog page, I am now part of the BlogHer Publishing Network. BlogHer is THE website for reading great women bloggers on basically any topic that affects women, from breastfeeding to teenagers to money to retirement. You might agree with the writers, or you might disagree with them. Nonetheless, they will make you think. Or laugh. Or cry. But it's not like I'm kissing up to BlogHer or anything.

Well, you got me. I'm totally kissing up. Mwah. Mwah.

Anyway, I received an email last week from BlogHer asking if they could syndicate one of my articles and feature it on BlogHer's home page.

Um...YES.

And did I mention, YES?!?!

Double YESES? 

Oh, by the way, did I say, HECK YES?!?

Check out the link to my article featured on BlogHer here.

But being a child brought up on television of the 80s, of course when I hear the word "syndicate", I think of television.

Dude. Urkel is syndicated.

George and Weezy are syndicated.

"Half-Pint" and Almonzo are syndicated.

Mrs. Garrett, Blair Warner and Jo Polniaczek are syndicated.

Cousin Larry Appleton and Balki Bartokomous are syndicated.

Now I'm syndicated.

Well, not really. Just one of my teensy-weensy little silly articles is syndicated. And it's not like it'll be in reruns for eternity.

Don't worry. I'm not all big-headed about it or anything. After all, Urkel will be collecting residuals until he is old and gray from his syndication, whereas I might be able to purchase that Grande latte at Starbucks instead of the Tall one.

But I am happy.

A year ago, I was just a mom of four with a messy minivan, a few potty-training jokes up my sleeve, and a dream, when I decided to start a blog. Now, a year later, I am still a mom of four with a messy minivan, a few potty-training jokes up my sleeve, and a dream, but now a teensy-weensy little corner of my dream has been realized by BlogHer.

Still kissing up, BlogHer, if you are paying attention.

Anyway, I will have you know that my ego is firmly in check. This morning, I thought about shouting, "Hurry up and get your backpacks ready and let's go! Mommy is syndicated now, so you HAVE to listen to me!" 

But my kids could not give one flip about silly little things like syndication.

Syndication, schmindication.

And I'll have you know that getting a teensy-weensy little article of yours syndicated in no way releases you from toilet-scrubbing duties. Or laundry. Or loading the dishwasher.

Sigh. The glamorous life. But really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's all good in this motherhood.

Thanks for putting up with me for the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can we talk? Don't be shy. I'd love to hear what you have to say.