Monday, June 7, 2010

Aaaaaahhhh. Summer.

Summer of 2010, I have high expectations and big plans for you.

Big plans.

There are many things that I want to pack into these precious, fleeting days, right up until the moment the school bell rings again at 8:00 a.m. on August 25, 2010.

Our family of six is taking a vacation to Washington D.C., and I have an itinerary to plan.

My basement storage area is crying out to be organized.

My two older boys have their assorted day camps to attend, such as basketball camp, golf camp, and Cub Scout camp.

My two younger children must hone their breaststroke and their doggy paddling at swim lessons.

We will cheer for our sons at their many baseball games from now through July.

There is a stack of novels on my nightstand beckoning to be read. Each one is a trashy romance novel. Nothing highbrow allowed.

My green thumb must be satiated as I plant tomato seeds in the "Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter" that I have yet to buy, but is on my list.

We want to travel out-of-town to visit family.

I will be "the good mom" and take my children to the zoo at least twice this summer. Or at least I will try.

Our home office is a slight wreck. My paper shredder will not be denied.

The master bath needs a fresh coat of paint.

The kids' closets are a mess, and screaming to be organized. Again.

I am sure your list is similar to mine. You have a thousand things to do, and summer is when you want to get it done. The days are longer. You have more energy. You have more free time.

But here it is, Monday of the first full week of summer vacation, and my motivation is sorely lacking. Summer is here, and all I want to do is this.


I just had to take the kids to a free concert in the park in our town.

And of course, we had to do this today.



And I'm a big sucker for this.



Happy Summer. Isn't it a thrill?

1 comment:

  1. Your feet look delicious, and I mean that in an "I wish they were my feet with that Gawgeous nail color and dipped in that lovely pool". Show me a picture of the hand with a chardonnay and I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete

Can we talk? Don't be shy. I'd love to hear what you have to say.